As a translator, I aspire to create translations that honor the singularity and particularity of each text and each writer. This requires intimate knowledge of both languages and an ear for the unique voice of the writer. With a Ph.D. in American Literature and as a writing and literature professor, I have extensive knowledge of the English language. I approach each assignment as distinctive and urgent. I combine attention to detail with respect for deadlines.
My work as a translator
I offer translation from Danish to English and English to Danish. I specialize in the translation of academic texts, non-fiction and journalism and work closely with a number of researchers, newspapers and writers.
An accurate and fluent translation of your writing makes a huge difference in the international market. Contact me for a quote if you have a book, manuscript or article you’d like published in English.
- Camilla Hammerich, The Borgen Experience – Creating TV Drama the Danish Way, Arrow Films 2015
- Niels Åkerstrøm Andersen & Justine Grønbæk Pors, Public Management in Transition, 2016
- Niels Åkerstrøm Andersen, Transient Relationships, Palgrave, 2013
- Niels Åkerstrøm Andersen, Power at Play, Palgrave Macmillan 2009
- Niels Åkerstrøm Andersen, Partnerships: Machines of Possibility,Policy Press 2008
- Mette Morsing & Lars Thøger Christensen: Corporate Communications: Convention, Complexity and Critique, Sage 2008
- Niels Åkerstrøm Andersen, Discursive analytical strategies – Understanding Foucault, Koselleck, Laclau, Luhmann, Policy Press, 2003
I have been thrilled with the translations Christina has done for me. People have always praised the language and she has managed to translate my voice and the specific language and terminology of my field of research
Niels Åkerstrøm Andersen